Thursday, May 15, 2008

Picture update from Yazd

I am in Yazd and I am alone again!
We split up our small travel group yesterday - I made it save through the dessert and now I am here in Yazd doing not much until now :) I will base myself here for some time and explore the surrounding. Then I will most likely head back west - there is little left to go south east anyway.
PS Camping is over :) I will move in a traditional hotel tomorrow - for the time being I have my own apartment.
The pictures are somehow in chronological order and show the way from Hamedan to here.

Bisotun - bas relief
unnamed Madressa
Ali Sadr Cave
this is for Haleh :)
A lake in the middle of no where


Tomb of Daniel
same
Schoolbooks!!
Tagh-e-Bostan
same - this stuff is all really old!!


dinner



Shiraz




Persepolis and around


Iranian Hejab Fashion!
She was part of a student group (architects to be) studying Persepolis



Desert mosque in Abarku

This is for keeping ice in the desert
Goodbye

Yazd




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my special picture Peter :-) you should have seen my face, can imagine your grin...
Am glad that you seem to have a great time and that "my people" are treating you well! :-) no funny or weird stories to tell yet?
my grandfather was from the region of Yazd, it is one of the centres of Zoroastrians, but I guess you know that anyway. Shiraz, Kermanshah, Takht-e-Djamshid, Yazd...all these places I only know from stories and pictures...I wish I could be there with you (except forthe biking and camping of course as you know me :-)
Take care! can't wait for the next post and pictures
ghorbanet
Haleh