Thursday, March 29, 2007

How is it on the road in Lao (and how can it be)

Given - many people would never consider going to Lao. Why? Bumpy long bus rides, bad accommodation, funny food,...
This scares away many potential Lao travelers, and that is good because there are enough already :)
What people who never go on such a trip underestimate is the leverage that we have through using Euro or USD.
Today - first of all it was a very successful day with fabulous sight seeing - we ended up in the most expensive and arguably the most beautiful pool in Vientiane, having beer and sandwiches served by very friendly Lao people who did not only go the extra mile but run it with the prospect of us spending an average monthly Lao salary (at lest a rural one).
Everybody who knows me knows that I am stingy as hell and that all the benefit goes to my spoiled travel companion :)
But I have to say I like it. After all it is not such a bad idea be posh every now and then .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peter!! You've abvisouly been gone for too long - posh every now and then??!!! I never thought I would here these words from you!!

Vienna is waiting for you guys!!