Monday, February 26, 2007

CSI Malaysia


the crime scene : Perhentian Islands


the victim...

the suspect...


the evidence...



like nothing happened :)

Fact is that there are many of these beasts dragging around the island. The biggest one I (Peter) saw was about 2,5 meters long. They are said to be harmless - and yes all encounters ended with them running away.
still it is giving you a creepy feeling in the night, knowing that 100 meters away (or less) there are animals which you would rather expect to be in Jurassic Park then on a little Island in Malaysia.
There are obviously more attractions on the little island - beautiful beaches, nice food, great snorkeling (we saw Turtles, Shark, and much more) close up.

Best thing was that we shared the experience with Sara and David who we met on the way there. Hope you have a good trip guys.

2 comments:

Jimbolicious said...

Hey, kids!! You obviously have way too much time on your hands!! :-)
Speaking of too much time on their hands, I've started my own blog in preparation for my time off. Come check me out next time you're online - http://5dollarfun.blogspot.com !!

Daddy said...

My God, lizards are possibly not very dangerous, but sharks certainly are!

Scuba diving is a kind of risky activity, never discussed before with me. Be careful not to jump in non-supervised waters! I am unable to predict all the pitfalls in advance. In addition, you do not seem to stick to the regular tourist tracks. That looks like an even greater fun, but is a way too risky. Once again, watch your way, please!

Remember, you are not that much young to behave irresponsible...

I am aware this is probably not the proper tone for your blog, but unfortunately the only belated way for communication with you both. Sorry!